Monday, November 10, 2008

A new week and more of the same to come. Last week was a good one for me as far as art is concerned. I was a bit slack on the exercise front but that'll become a familiar refrain I'm sure. I worked on a couple of charcoal drawings and produced a nice one of Ian Curtis (Joy Division singer) from a photo by Kevin Cummings. Not sure of the legalities should I want to sell it. A fellow artist who shares my studio space thinks that at least 20% of a picture should be altered to avoid copyright issues. I also added figures to three paintings of a series I've been working on. I'm relating it back to my family's convict history and have ghostly images from that time painted over a plain(ish) landscape background. One of a convicts head, one of a pair of chained convicts and one of an aboriginal man running towards the viewer. Met with a gallery owner yesterday who was a good source of info and a new lead. It's a major gallery as far as Adelaide goes. His advice, get some workonto a disc and submit it. He has regular viewings of new art and meets artists on a Wednesday. Worth a go.

No comments: