Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tammy Whitworth

I went with Karen and our friends Sativa and Nathan to the opening night of Tammy Whitworth's exhibition at Gallery 139 in Adelaide. I recommend Tammy's work as the highest example of technical excellence. She paints in oil on canvas and has animals as her focus. However, they are set in stark, challenging landscapes and situations which make the viewer think about the relationship of mankind to the animal world. She often puts them in heroic situations. Tammy has produced 15 or so high quality works in 2009 alone. She has mastered her craft in my opinion. I've never seen sea painted so realistically as in her work depicting an iceberg. Follow the obvious links from my labels below. You won't be sorry. She has moved to Queeensland this year and Adelaide is the loser.

No comments: